Thursday, 28 July 2011

Crochet blocks decided.

I finally decided on a plan for my new blanket.  After playing around with loads of blocks I figured that simple is best!  If I have to follow a pattern I start to lose interest, so I adapted a plain granny square with a circular centre and came up with this.


It's so simple I can churn them out while watching tv or chatting, but I think the round centre adds a nice softness.  Sticking to one colour  means only one end to weave in and I should be able to do that when joining them, Yippee!!  I've joined a few together to see how they'll look and I absolutely love the result. I think the dinky blocks of colour with lots of cream ( Sublime "Alabaster") is really pretty, like a paint box :)



I've used most of the colours from my last blanket, but I've been on the hunt for some more.  Sticking to superwash wool or merino means I can mix them all in the same blanket.  Hopefully the ones on order will be what I'm after.  They can sometimes be wildly different from how they look  on the website.  I'll let you know when they arrive.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will look lovely, and I'm going to have to find some crochet classes in the Autumn, your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so glad to have found your blog!
    I love your grannies- such great colours.
    Anyway, will be your latest follower so I can keep in touch.
    If you have a mo, do pop over and say Hi at my little corner of blogland. I love a bit of crochet too.
    (must have a go at some grannies- you have inspired me!)
    enjoy your weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..nice granny square...look forward to seeing it all togeher
    Thanks for popping by
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled along your blog looking for inspiration for my next big blankie project and found it in abundance. I want one of everything please. I think I'll try my hand at the square above I LOVE the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutley LOVE your blog, and your love of granny squares too!!! I share your love for them, I have recently started crocheting and am working on one. I really like the white line you join them with...could you do perhaps a tutorial, or tell me what it is called so I can look it up how to crochet it on top of the squares like you did above please? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mami,
      The join I've used here is just Double Crochet (UK) with the squares held back to back and crocheting throught he back loops. I think I started each row with 2 chain in the first stitches. Hope that helps. xx

      Delete