Saturday, 16 July 2011

Lovely day in the garden

It was such a beautiful day yesterday I decided to make the most of it and took myself off to the garden for a few hours.  Feeling in a productive mood I rounded up the dozens of dirty pots and seed trays that always accumulate in the spring and set about washing them.  It's something I enjoy on a warm day when I can sit in the shade of our old apple tree playing with some nice cool water, and the green house now looks a whole lot tidier.

Here's some of the things that I'm loving at the moment!






These poppies are amazing. The petals open up like crumpled silk. They seed themselves around everywhere and cross with each other creating new shades each year.


Some fennel and echinops

And a couple from the shade of the tree.


3 comments:

  1. You sure do have green fingers, the flowers are soooooo pretty, wanna come over & sort mine out :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! mostly it looks after itself and I haven't shown the scruffy bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there again, i,ve just passed on two awards to you because i think you are an incredibly talented lady & i find your blog inspiring. Just pop over to mine to pick them up :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete