Monday, 25 July 2011

Planning a new crochet blanket


I've got the crochet bug again, but can't decide what to do.  I had all my books out over the weekend and have been searching around internet land for inspiration and now I'm even more confused. I loved the last blanket I made, but think I want something with a lot less changes of colour and ends to weave in this time!

A striped or ripple blanket would be good, but I don't want to get bored and end up with half a blanket! so blocks it is.  I've tried ( and unraveled) loads but none of them seem quite right. Plain granny or simple treble squares are dead easy and quick, but could be a bit dull.

















Maybe something like this


Or this is my favourite so far. It's a bit more fiddly, but quite pretty. I've added a cream  border  and think i'll join all the blocks with a cream double crochet seam on the front which I think looks lovely.


Taken from this book














Hhmmm....decicions.....

Pretty pelargoniums.


3 comments:

  1. great


    that book is fantastk.


    hugs Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the blocks, but that last one is real pretty, & the idea of the dc seams sounds amazing.
    Ohhhhhh this'll be the best one yet i think.....
    Lol Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore teetering on the edge of a new blanket, mulling over the design, yarn and colours, it's a kind of bittersweet state of excited indecision!! I'm there with you right now, toying with possibly a second ripple or something combining blocks and stripes. Can't decide.
    You've got all the crochet books I don't have but wish i did have! I can feel an amazon shopping spree coming my way :o)xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete