Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Three works in progress

Here are three quilt tops that I've completed but are still waiting to be made into quilts.  I don't know about you but I find the process of choosing the fabric; cutting and sewing it all together really enjoyable, but then somehow don't get round to finishing them off.   Having a big work table to spread out on would help, but I'm determined to get these done soon.  In the meantime they live on an old wooden clothes airer that I picked up on ebay which   does a good job as a quilt ladder.   I had to take them out the garden today as is so gloomy indoors.


The top one is made of  '30s repro fabric that I'd had in my stash for ages.  I love that it's become more popular recently and am often on the lookout for more.  The colours are so pretty.


The next one is all 1/2 square triangles using lots of my favourite fabrics. This took a while to to do but I really love the result.


The last one was an attempt to use up lots of strips I'd cut up for other projects including some Liberty prints.  
It didn't actually make much of a dent in the pile so it looks like I've got more strippy quilts to do! 
 While I was sewing the squares for this one in January I had a disaster when getting up from the sewing machine  my foot got caught in the cable and I fell, breaking my ankle.  It was all pretty traumatic and I spent weeks in plaster and a strap on boot after having loads of pins put in to hold the bones together.  Thankfully it didn't take long to be able to use my foot pedal again, but I've made sure the cable is safely stuck to the side of table now!

Hopefully I'll be able to show them again when they're made up and quilted.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment