Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Wool and jugs of flowers

Hello,  I wanted to start by saying thank you for all the lovely comments I've had so far.  I'm really enjoying sharing some of the things that make me happy and exploring the wonderfully talented people out there in blogland.  I only wish this had been around years ago when I was first setting up home.  Come to think of it,  I remember the early 80s as a sea of beige and brown so maybe not :(

The crochet is progressing slowly.  I'm still waiting for some wool that's out of stock at the moment, but should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks.  Here's the colours I'm using so far. 




I love the green M&S cushion , think it looks scrummy with the pink blanket!

I'm waiting for some "Cascade 220" superwash merino in some (hopefully) pretty tangerine/peach colours that seem to be hard to find in other ranges.  I came across this range on the Laughing Hens website and was amazed at the range of colours available, over 140 plus some blends.  You can check out the full chart

Also loving the Greengate jugs I treated myself to. Think they're perfect for the bright dahlias and gladiolli from the garden.




Amazing clouds last night when we were enjoying the lovely evening outside.




Bye for now.





6 comments:

  1. It would take me years to crochet your lovely squares, the jugs are lovely and as for the sky...perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous jugs of flowers...a real wow factor
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the look of your squares, the pattern and the colour range is incredibly pretty. With creamy lines inbetween it's going to look like a huge bed of sweet peas with some bright summer blue sky thrown in to the mix. Gorgeous.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great “in the work” picture of the granny squares. Love the colours. And the jugs are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you would like my shop in Edinburgh - I sell those Greengate jugs and that pink blanket! I also sell Rooster wool which I used to buy from the Laughing Hens website (but now I just take my stock home!). I haven't come across Cascade - I must check it out. Love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! all those beautiful colours. I've just learnt to crochet, have only made a cat blanket so now I've found all these colours I'm tempted to create something much larger.

    ReplyDelete