Friday, 23 September 2011

Empty Nest (again!)

So,  this is what has been going on for the last week or so.  An awful lot of sorting, packing, re-packing and  quite a few cross words :( while Youngest Girl got ready to go back to uni.  We've been bringing the boxes down from her room ready to load into the cars and the dining room was beginning to burst at the seams.



There's still a desk, chair, computer, printer and some other stuff to come! but that can wait 'till tomorrow when hubby's going with most of it.  To be fair, she has a lot of art materials and crafty stuff,  which take up a lot of room, but it does seem to multiply each year! 
 She's taken some stuff and gone now, so the house seems very quiet, and I'm on my own again all day for the first time in over a year.  

I've decided it's about time the house had a bit of a sort out.  Now that there's a bit more space upstairs I'm going to move the chest of drawers there from the sitting room and I'm getting a big dresser unit I found on e-bay on that wall that will take all my books and bits and pieces.  Hopefully it will be here soon and I can start re-organizing  and de-cluttering, yippeee!


I'm off to put my feet up for a while
Hoping you all have a lovely weekend

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stuff. It sounds like you're going to be busy doing lots of sorting out, I need to do more of that here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she taking the kitchen sink too? lol
    Good luck hope the year goes well for your daughter and she has a wonderful time
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete