Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Grime Busting and some crochet

One of my favourite things to do in the garden is jet washing the paths, furniture, whatever. There's something very therapeutic about blasting away months of grime in a few minutes.  As it was a nice sunny day I decided to do the bench and white table and chairs that have been getting greener all year!

Plugged in and ready to go


Yuk!


Good as new, apart from the missing paint.  I'll get round to re-painting them one year.




Something I've been meaning to show you is my dolls house, but I need to look through the pictures as some of them aren't great.  I'll leave you with one of a couple of crochet blankets and a patchwork quilt that I bought for the bedrooms.  I've put them on a full size blanket so you can an idea of the scale and absolutely amazing skill that these ladies have.  The hexagon blanket I bought at "Miniatura" last year. All hand sewn, I'm afraid I can't remember who made it.  The crochet ones I found on Etsy (woodlandminiatures) and the mind boggles at the work involved in something that tiny. Even if you don't have a dollshouse I think they would look nice framed on the wall!



2 comments:

  1. Oh they are so sweet! How pretty! And well done working on your garden! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous. I love things in miniature, they're so cute. We bought Eleanor a dolls house quite a few years ago, and I'm ashamed to say that it's still sitting in it's box waiting to be put together. It was expensive too. We just don't seem to have the time, there's always something else to do.

    ReplyDelete