Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Starting the Big Sort Out

I've been busy the last few days and have decided to have rest and put my feet up today.  Might even catch up with Downton Abbey that I haven't had chance to watch yet!

Hubby managed to squeeze everything in his car and went down to Bournemouth on Saturday.  I went on Sunday to help clean the flat a bit and put some of the stuff away as it was all a bit daunting.  Hopefully she'll stay in this place for a couple of years as I don't think we'd have the energy to move it all again next summer!

Back home I've made a start on sorting out the upstairs which is somewhere I don't go very much when the girls are here!  Part of the problem is the lack of an attic, as it was converted to make their rooms, so the landing area gets used as storage for all the boxes and bags and random stuff that hasn't got a home.  I should have taken a picture, but you can imagine the mess.  Now that most of it has gone I had a thorough clean and moved the chest of drawers up there.  Yesterday I went out and bought a cheap bookshelf which I managed to put together myself and Hey Presto! the space is transformed


What you can't see hidden to the right of the dolls house is the boxes that I haven't sorted out yet.  Old computers, out-dated cd players, even a huge crate of Lego that seemed too good to give to the charity shop. Given that the girls are 22 and 20 it's about time it all went.  It does feel good to have one area sorted. Tomorrow I'm going to start on the bedrooms.  Of course they'll still be back in the holidays for a while, but if either of them want to move back,  I'm thinking a caravan in the garden might be a good idea!   

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. I wouldn't be able to do without my loft, and I dread to think what's actually up there. I've got Downton Abbey to watch yet, I'm waiting until I've got time to sit and savour it, it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have an attic either so the garage is my storeroom, your organisation has made me realise, I really must focus!

    ReplyDelete