Wednesday, 12 October 2011

A chance to catch up with my crochet

The window fitters started yesterday and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might.  They were working on the sitting room and my workroom, so I moved a dog gate to the kitchen door and we spent the day in there, with Lottie complaining a bit that she couldn't get out, but mostly happy with her new bed on the floor.
Not being able to do much else,  I sat in there with my laptop and crochet and churned out about 70 more little squares, making 5 of each of 24 colours in total. The Cascade wool I ordered months ago was out of stock and still hasn't arrived, which is a shame, as I think it needs some peachy colours to lift it a bit. But I'll carry on without.
Here's the squares ready to have the next round added.



Today we're shut in the sitting room, which is much more comfy, but Lottie's still not happy!  I'll be glad when it's all done.




7 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the lovely crochet and wool eye candy! That is going to be a stunning blanket. Who makes the cascade wool? It looks like a great range of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful squares, I love the colors. I totally understand your window issue, I am having my kitchen remodeled and I am going crazy with the mess.
    have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats a lot of squares in one day superwoman :). love the colors you're using, its gonna be a stunning blanket!!!
    Have a lovely day
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Bearpaw. I don't know if you saw my post on 2nd August about the wool? I ordered it from Laughing Hens, but I think it comes from America and they are out of stock in most colours. I see there are a few other places that have a handful of colours. The ones I'm using are a variety of other makes. I'll try to do a list when the blanket is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my yarn! Those pictures of huge piles of squares always make my day :D
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá querida !1 maravilhoso seu blog,fantástico.
    gostaria de saber se o seus trabalhos são feito com lã ou linha!!
    São perfeitos!1 beijoss no coração!

    ReplyDelete