Thursday, 20 October 2011

Frosty garden


We've had a few ground frosts recently now that the nights have turned chilly, but the dahlias are still hanging on.  I keep expecting them to be all black and collapsed in the morning, but I guess the frost hasn't reached that high yet!

A couple of pics



and a pretty leaf


There have been lots of lovely sunrises too. This was a couple of days ago


And the view later in the afternoon


I've nearly finished my crochet squares. Hopefully I'll have some pic's in the next couple of days when I start putting it together.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely frosty garden pictures....I can't believe how cold it's become this week! I also loved seeing your wonderful new bookcase in your last post. Enjoy your day.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset - there have been some lovely sunrises too but I never seem to have my camera with me when I visit the allotment first thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something special about the first few frosts, it's not quite that cold here in Richmond, yet. But as half term is next week, I'm sure it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dahlia's still look amazing! I thought I had a lot of them in my garden, but when I compare them to yours......

    Love the sunset!

    Wish you a happy weekend,

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete