Thursday, 24 November 2011

Garden Snippets and a bit of Crochet

As you can see, I decided the pink and green colour scheme wasn't working. I don't think I had enough shades of each and have added some other colours to liven it up. This pic' makes them look quite dark but they're lighter and prettier in reality! The apricot "Cashsoft" had a slight acylic sheen which didn't look right next to the wool so I'll save that for something else.
I'm loving these flowers so much I'm going to carry on and make another blanket! but I think I'll alternate them with plainer squares or it might be a bit too much :)


There's some odd things going on in the garden. The mild weather has brought out some of the spring flowers already! We've got snowdrops and anemones starting to flower while some of the summer stuff is still around. 

The last dahlia and the first of next year's anemones.


Early snowdrop


Passion flower still going strong and rose on it's third flush



The holly seems to be more loaded with berries though. Is that a sign of a cold winter? Hope not.


I bought some of my pelargoniums indoors and I'm loving these bright pink flowers


Finally, this was our view for a few mornings. Glad it's brightened up again.



5 comments:

  1. I love the crochet squares, very pretty. Can't believe you have snowdrops in flower already, amazing how plants can be fooled into flowering by our strange weather.I've still got the odd rose flowering too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I've just found your blog via Stocki's, your flower squares are gorgeous, love the colours you've used. Have you followed a pattern or have you made your own up ? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, where can i get the pattern for your lovely crochet above? xxx dorette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I was also wondering how to get the pattern for these squares.

    Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, The pattern comes from the book "200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton. It's the "Waterlily square". Handy book with lots of ideas!

      Delete