Friday, 9 December 2011

Cranberry Chutney

I made some chutney and very nice it is too!  Really fruity and tangy and not overly sweet.  It will go lovely with all the cold meats and cheeses at Christmas and looks very pretty!  I was feeling lazy so I've just photographed my written out recipe.  I doubled the quantities to make 6 jars so I expect the girls will be taking some back with them!

Looks yummy!




The vinegar and sugar preserve it so as long as the jars are clean and sterilized it should last for ages. I wash my jars in a hot dishwasher then dry them gently in the oven.

Loving these anemones from the garden at the moment.


Not much crochet happening at the moment. Hopefully I'll get on with it at Christmas.

Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Oh i think i'll try this, been looking for a nice chutney recipe for all those cold meat cuts, thamks for sharing :D
    Have a sweet weekend Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chutney looks delicious! I may use your recipe!

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chutney looks fab. Just wanted to let you know that EIGHT have people asked me for your fridge cake recipe, it has been such a huge hit at work. I gave them it and directed them to your blog as well, so here's hoping you get more readers too.
    It is fabulous and I have made two batches this week for different work events.

    Many thanks

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may just make a batch of chutney, for last minute gifts. Your recipe sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chutney,yours looks delicious especially in those cute little jars,ive taken a note of your receipy to try it out myself one day ,ile add it to my "to do" list x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your house smelt amazing when you were making this. I'm sure those jars will be very much appreciated. I had lots of plans to make homemade presents but I've been so busy making handmade items for the fair I just haven't had time. There's always next year. I have an award waiting for you on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I made a batch of this to give as gifts - we kept back a jar and had it with cheese, ham, pâté etc etc... Delicious. Looked beautiful in the jars too. Thank you for the recipe and inspiration to get my preserving pan out on a cold, wet Saturday morning

    ReplyDelete