Thursday, 1 December 2011

Tea light holder

I've been wanting to make some lace covered tea light holders that seem to be popular in blogland recently, but my stash of Bonne Maman jars weren't quite the right shape, so when this little cumberland sauce jar was finished with yesterday I dug out my box of lace and glued a bit on and I'm really chuffed at how pretty it looks.  The mother of pearl buttons threaded onto wire was an idea I saw in a shop and think they add a nice touch. Pretty glass beads or buttons would look great too.  Simple but effective!!
Now I need to see what half used jars are lurking at the back of the fridge to make some more ;)



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is exquisite! I love the little buttons too...don't they look beautiful all alight? I put a link to your beautiful crochet blankets on my blog a couple of days ago... :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! They are so very pretty, I must have ago! thank you jude x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the result. It looks really pretty!

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella creación!!
    Hermoso tu blog...
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete