Sunday, 15 January 2012

Farnham Maltings

I popped along to the fabric sale at Farnham Maltings this morning, despite the fact that I'd promised myself not to buy any more 'till I've used up a lot of my stash. In the end most of it was more of the darker wintery type that I've got too much of anyway, and I restricted myself to 3 pretty fat quarters at only £1.50 each.  


Also got a bargain with a pile of Australian Homespun magazines for £8. That'll keep me occupied for a while!


There was a display of quilts by some local quilting groups. A couple that appealed to me were these two by the same lady, Brenda Ford.



While I was there I bought a ticket for Unravel at the end of February. I read about it last year, but couldn't go because of my broken ankle.  Looks like it will be worth a trip if you're into all things "yarny"! 



Off to do some more gardening.
xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a shame I don't live closer, Unravel sounds like a good event. I love the fabric you bought, very pretty, and it looks like you've got plenty of reading material sorted for the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree it sounds like a good event wish I could go too! Love the bargains and the quilts are amazing.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric looks very pretty. I would have found it difficult to resist the pile of magazines too!

    Happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt. Must have taken ages to do. Love the colour combinations and the quilting. I love looking through magazines, what a bargain you got and your lovely fabric too. I'm dying to get to the charity shops just imagining all the goodies I'm missing but I'm not allowing myself until I've finished some more projects.

    ReplyDelete