Saturday, 14 January 2012

Frosty Morning

As you can see, I decided it was time to update my header picture.  Hope the hollyhocks brighten your day a bit.  The crochet blanket has now gone to live in London with Eldest girl and the shirt quilt went to Youngest girl.  I decided just before Christmas to give them away as presents, but still had to finish weaving in the ends which took two days. Not the most exciting of jobs, I'm not going to leave them all to the end in future!  I always get quite possessive of things I make, but I'm sure  they'll look after them and enjoy them.  

The garden looked pretty this morning as the sun started to make everything sparkle, so I grabbed my macro lens and went out to see what I could find. Here's some of my favourites.











Have a good weekend
xxx

10 comments:

  1. OH lovely, these photos really are so beautiful :D
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spider's webs look so magical when they're covered in frost. We had our first proper frost of the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frost makes everything look so beautiful and almost enchanted. Shame it's so bloody chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, how lovely! Beautiful photos, and stunning crochet blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new header - makes me wish for summer - the frost on the garden makes it all feel like a winter wonderland - but it is still too cold for me to go out and do any work - I need it to be at least 10 deg. warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, we have had frost here in Florida but nothing that beautiful. Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds thing alike (frosty posts), although your mind got in first! I absolutely adore that spiderweb photo, it is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love these photos especially the lime + grey colours. My very favourite is the spiderweb one. Would look amazing framed large. Your girls are so lucky to get those beautiful quilts. What a special gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing photos! I would love it so much if I could take photos like that, but I have no idea what kind of camera, lense or settings I should use. Any change you could hint me? I would be so thankful :) i can't stop browsing yor blog, your handwork, plants and pictures are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, Berglind

    ReplyDelete