Saturday, 18 February 2012

Log Cabin Quilt Done!

The little quilt is finished and I'm loving how it turned out.  I didn't bother with a border to keep it simple.  Trying to photograph it was a bit tricky this morning.  Too gloomy indoors, too windy in the garden, so it ended up in the summer house with the random beachy things that have ended up in there!



I've got a plan for hanging my little quilts, when I've made a few more.  We have a hallway wall that is rather long and dull at the moment and I'm going to get hubby to put up some hooks or something like a peg rail and then I'll peg them on a line along it.  It's on his list of "things to do" :)

We lost our 'phone and internet connection all day yesterday and I felt lost!  No e-mails, blogs, pinterest. Nothing!  At least eldest daughter was home for a few days so there was someone to talk to  Thank goodness it's back today.

I'm off to plan my next project.
xx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is lovely, must get a move on with my own project. We're planning to paint the inside of our summerhouse this year and your's looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little quilt! I know what you mean about loosing internet connection - it feels strange. It's sometimes nice not to be contactable though - mobile phones are a blessing and a nuisance!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! It turned out perfectly! I am so jealous of your technique and precision - all your squares match up perfectly! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing, really lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is just the sweetest. And what a great idea for your hallway.
    That is great to have your phone/internet back isn't it?? :0)
    Have a lovely weekend. Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is just beautiful! You have quite a talent for display and photography, also! Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic. Hanging in your hallway is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's beautiful! Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really gorgeous log cabin quilt! I love the photo too. What a great idea to hang them along a hall way...like a gallery of quilts to enjoy each time you walk through....it will look lovely.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, wow, WOW! what a fantastic job you've done! just amazing. Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Beautiful Simplicity22 February 2012 17:00

    thats beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful quilt, such great colours.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt. I love the scrappiness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours of your pretty quilt. Did you use a pattern or just make it up as you went along. I've started at the beginning of your blog and will read through as we seem to like so many similar things. I've just made strawberry jam too, it's the first time I've made is and it turned out fine, have made other jams and chutneys but never strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no I just made it up. I made 16 blocks and then just played around until I was happy. I love the log cabin block, it's so useful for using up the tiniest scraps and there's so many variations. I'd love to make a bigger one in red, white and blue shades. It's on my list!

      Delete