Thursday, 23 February 2012

Spring Decorating

Bit of a quiet week.  After having loads of ideas I couldn't think where to start and ended up just playing around with piles of fabric and starting some crochet which didn't turn into anything!  Hopefully I'll feel more inspired next week.

The fireplace in the dining room has been looking a bit dull since the Christmas decorations were packed away so I decided to brighten it up with a spring display.   I picked some corkscrew hazel branches from the garden and popped them in a jug, with some gravel to secure them, then rounded up some "springy" bits and bobs to decorate with. 


Together with a few flowers from the garden and the remains of my Valentine's bouquet it looks quite cheerful and fresh!  Just need to figure out how to secure the little Easter chicks to the twigs as they keep falling upside down :)




Now I need to do something with the one in the living room as it still has the tea-light holders on it from Christmas!

xxx

21 comments:

  1. I love it! And the jugs are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo beautiful...i love the spring colours and easter feel...lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Love the spring display - very cheering :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collection of jugs. My fave is the yellow polka-do one! And those little sheep peeking out - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely display and pretty jugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh lovely post your mantlepiece looks gorgeous i love all your little jugs the colours are so pretty and your log cabin quilt is adorable ,i cant imagine how many hours went into making that xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel looks so lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very springlike - fantastic.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. aahhh i love twigs they look adorable such pretty colours what a lovely idea. Your spotty jugs are lovely it all looks really smashing ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful array of jugs in delightful shades of pastel. I love them all!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely - really fresh and bright.
    I was looking for some of those tiny chicks today, but couldn't find any. The only thing I can suggest to keep them the right way up (short of gluing them to the branches) is to glue them onto some tiny wooden clothes pegs - you can usually find them in the craft section of a toy shop.
    Have a lovely Friday/weekend, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, it looks so pretty - makes me feel quite excited!! Gives me that excited spring happy feeling!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a picture straight out of house and gardens magazine - very cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely, and such a good idea, perfect with this weather. Now I'm tempted to get some of my Spring/Easter decorations out, after all we decorate for a month before Christmas don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cheerful mantelpiece you have! It looks just lovely with the colourful jugs, spring flowers and Easter decorations.

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Easter decorations are lovely, I wish we had a little more room on our mantelpiece where I could put some decorations up!

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful display! I am inspired and shall be digging out my spring decorations too. I love your coloured jugs- something I don't own - yet!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is soooo pretty! If I could find space on the top of a surface I would do the same, lol

    ReplyDelete