Sunday, 26 February 2012

Unravel at Farnham

This weekend saw the fourth Unravel show at Farnham Maltings and I spent a lovely few hours there yesterday browsing through all the wonderful stalls packed with gorgeous wool, and related bits and bobs. 
I took lots of photos, some of them a bit blurry but hope they give a taste of the show.





Lots of stalls selling hand dyed wool of all types. From alpaca to mohair and all sorts of rare breeds.





My favourite was the Natural Dye Studio where I drooled over the array of skeins in mouth watering colours.  The blankets made from their wool were stunning, my photos don't really capture the beautiful natural softness and glowing colours.  I bought a 100g skein of  4 ply "Dazzling", and a copy of their crochet motifs book, though I've no idea what I'm going to make yet!





There was a Best in Show competition being set up when I was there.  I loved this patchwork hanging basket filled with knitted flowers


And this Noah's Ark and basket of flowers



The knitted farm on display was cute.


And these beautiful lacy scarves for sale on the Selvedge magazine stand made me want to chuck out my double knit wool and try something finer, though I know I probably haven't the patience!


Lots more of course, but I'll leave you with a pic' of my other goodies.  A vintage basket and some pieces of felted wool for crafting.  Another crochet book!  Some cute ceramic buttons and a pretty felted wool 'phone case.  Should keep me occupied for a while :)


Also spent the afternoon tidying my greenhouse and getting ready for the new season.  Love this time of year!

xxx

18 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks fab, I'm fed up as I forgot it was on, I'd have loved to go!!

    Love the knitted basket of flowers, gorgeous!!

    Your goodies are lovely, particularly like the basket, must keep my eyes peeled for one.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - wish I had gone as well. Did not realise there would be crochet stuff there as well. Will have to try and make it next year. G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, There wasn't really much there just for crocheters but I think it was still worth a trip just to be inspired by all the lovely wool. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh the wool looks gorgeous, I'd have bought loads so well done you resisting to just one.
    Pene

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, I particulary love the animals, both the farm and the ark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome all of those beautiful things made out of wool. I love your new banner too.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work in Farnham many years ago and used to visit The Maltings when it used to have monthly antique fairs. I don't know if they still have them but didn't know they hired the place out for such fabulous wool fairs! I'll have to pay more attention to what occurs in the local area!
    Love the Noah's Ark!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went too and wasn't it lovely? I sorely wanted to pop one of those lambs in my bag and take it home. It was a great atmosphere and one of the stands was selling some knitting kits that I design and produce, so I had fun lurking and watching potential customers looking at them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a gorgeous show so many lovely things to look at,im amazed at how talented these people are ,thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, wow, wow. I love the knitted flower basket and balloons. I just borrowed the 75 birds + butterflies etc book from my friend who found it in a charity shop. Some lovely projects in there. Can't wait to see what you do with all your lovely goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a celebration of texture and colour! I especially love the Natural Dye Studio and the great eye you have for stuff we will drool over:~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like an interesting show! So much beautiful works of art and yarns!

    Happy evening,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I did see this post - but from my phone so I didn't leave a comment :)

    As you will have noticed from my post, I bought the same fabric and book and I happen to already have the exact same yarn in my NDS stash too - it seems we have similar tastes! (If I were to post a pic of the mantle in my sitting room, you'd notice even more similarities!!!!!)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned - nothing as exciting as Unravel here, will have to settle for some crochet and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS have added you to my Blogroll - the more I see the more I love. And also repinning half your pins :)

      Delete
  14. I love your pics from Unravel. How I missed half that gorgeous yarn I don't know, but I kind of had my blinkers on and was thinking 'must not buy more yarn'.... so I bought fluff and tried spinning instead ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG...Look at all that absolutely GORGEOUS wool....l am the original Yarn-O-Holic.. Almost come out in hot flushes at the sight of all that wool.. Oh well, l can dream.. Too far to swim over your way & have a look see.. Your blog is wonderful.. Best Wishes, Hahnsmum..

    ReplyDelete