Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Garden Spring Cleaning

Hello to you all and welcome to my new followers.
What glorious weather we've been having recently!  It's a shame it can't stay like this all year, though the garden really needs some rain, but I'm sure we'll get some soon enough.   The area near the back door desperately needed a spring clean now that we'll be spending more time outside so I spent yesterday getting rid of all the the broken tatty pots and assorted rubbish that tends to accumulate over winter and gave it all a good hose down and re-arranged everything.  


The pots of tulips are just starting to flower but I'm keen to get some more colour here and I want to try some new things in pots this year, apart from the usual hostas and pelargoniums.  
The bench needs a comfy cushion,  and then it will be a nice shady spot for relaxing with a cup of tea!


In the greenhouse there is lots of signs of life. The beans and sweet peas are all growing away and the peas in the guttering are doing well.  I like to start them off like that and just push the whole lot out into the soil.  It's still quite chilly at night, and a few weeks yet before the last frost, so nothing's going out yet.


Elsewhere in the garden everything is beginning to turn a lovely shade of green and the forsythia and daffodils are looking radiant in the sunshine.



In between garden pottering  I've finally managed to get my Etsy shop up and running.  It has seemed to take ages, from faffing about with a new bank account and paypal account and then setting up the shop. Then trying to get some decent photos and writing about the items, it all takes ages! but I think I know what I'm doing now and hopefully there will be more things in there soon.

xxx

9 comments:

  1. I don't know about spring cleaning outside - my house could definitely do with it inside. Because of my need to be outdoors the house has been neglected - but I suppose the cobwebs will still be there when I have finished my seed sowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs - the sunshine makes everything looks so fresh.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. It feels great to get outside and have a tidy up with the sun shining down! Like Elaine the indoors starts to become neglected this time of year. Your shop looks fantastic, well done. Feel luck to be a proud owner of your lavender pillow + bundle! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That garden so nice!
    Happy Spring!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks lovely! I too have been trying to tidy up..... where does all the rubbish come from??! My forsythia is very slow in flowering this year, I only have a few dots of yellow, I hope it's not dying! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely spot to relax in, make the most of this sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me to do a bit more gardening around my home this year. I'm even going to get my little girls (2-4) involved as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your comment on Madelief and it made me smile. Now I picture you gardening in fingerless gloves - a new fashion?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little area looks so inviting, and I especially love seeing the things growing in your greenhouse. Your pictures are so inspiring for me to get outside and start working; however, I still need to wait until the snow/rain/cold all decide to depart for a while. For now, I will just enjoy all of your pretty pictures :)

    ReplyDelete