Monday, 5 March 2012

Lavender bags

Hello, I hope you had a good weekend.  It was too cold here for any gardening, yesterday we had loads of snow in the afternoon.  Luckily it didn't stick around for long, but it's definitely been a "stay indoors and keep warm" few days.


I've been turning some of my prettiest fabrics into squares and strips ready to make some more lavender bags.  I've made them before as gifts and for myself but I'm planning to sort out an etsy shop to sell bits and pieces. 
 I was going to do it last year but had issues with Paypal, to do with the fact that hubby and I have a joint bank account.  Apparently they only allow one account per bank account, so I've had to open a new one and it's taken me ages to get round to it!  Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Anyway, these are some of the ones I made before.


And these little log cabin ones are filled with a mix of lavender and chamomile which I bought last week and smell gorgeous, really soothing.


I'm thinking of other things like pincushions, needle cases etc, and there's all the shirt fabric rolls I made.  I know there are many others out there doing the same thing, but I'm going to give it a go anyway!
I'm off to fill a few more bags and breath in that lovely smell!
xxx

20 comments:

  1. These would sell quickly in an etsy job. They are especially adorable. I'm sure that if you branch out with pincushions, etc. they would fly out quickly. They would have your special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deborah - they would fly off the virtual shelf like hot cakes!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. definately would be popular with your signiture style :) best of luck!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous!!!
    I just love those. :o)
    I am having a little give away
    if you would like to drop by.
    hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and it doesn't matter who else is doing it, everyone does theirs in their own special way. Yours are lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely and such pretty fabrics. I agree with Meredith ;-) Good luck with it and i think the best thing to do is to just enjoy it. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fabric envy! What alovely collection of little squares... I'll be watching out for your Etsy shop :)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous and I LOVEEEEE Lavendar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ilove your fabrics they are so pretty ,i love the smell of lavender too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fabrics and the finished products are so, so pretty. Hope you sell lots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh they are lovely! The fabric you have used is amazing! I think these will do really well in an etsy shop. :)

    Jerra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo lovely!! Your fabrics are gorgeous! Are you willing to send them to Holland too? Our daughter is going to decorate the room for the baby soon...
    Will you let us know in time when the shop opens? :-))

    Love xoxox,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Yes hopefully it won't be long. I'll let you know :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! :-))
      I do have another question. Have you considered making hearts with your wonderful fabric? I certainly would love to have some :-))

      Love xoxox
      Margaret

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm sure I could manage some hearts. Nice idea! xx

      Delete
  14. Ooo, these are just lovely! I love the fabrics so much - just soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, beautiful fabrics. The lavendar pouches are just lovely and would fly out of your shop..! Good luck :-)

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love the little lavender bag I won in your giveaway, your choice of pattern and colour is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete