Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Blossom Time

I've been watching the ornamental cherry tree in the neighbouring garden for the past week or so, waiting for the beautiful blossom, and it's just about at it's best.  Sadly it always seems to happen when we have a spell of wet and windy weather and the whole lot ends up blowing off the tree like confetti and covering my veg plot for a few days.  
I managed to get some close up snaps yesterday when the sky was a beautiful blue, but had to dash out between rain storms today to get the other one.  I hope the wind dies down a bit or there'll be none left!





xxx

9 comments:

  1. Hi! the blossom on my fruit trees has really taken a battering - not sure if we'll still get fruit or not now as it was whipped away before it could properly flower! It's still very wet & windy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blossom captures! Where does your blue sky come from? I only see rain on the weather forecast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures of blossom are wonderful, just the thing to cheer me up after a wet miserable day. I'm still waiting for the blossom on our trees.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blossom photos they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tree and I love it's confetti. It is rainy and windy here in California too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Pink flowers always make my day! I've been standing by waiting for my crabapple trees to blossom...maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blossom is just beautiful, so pretty. I really want a blossom tree in our garden, will have to research! Gorgeous colours, especially against that lovely blue sky! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your veg plot looks huge! I hope you will tell us what you grown one day? The blossom is beautiful. They are at their best in Holland too at the moment.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blossomy photos - shame it doesn't last very long. Sadly once the blossom has gone the tree is pretty boring for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete