Saturday, 21 July 2012

This Week


With the garden being such a soggy mess recently,  I've been having a tidy up in my workroom instead.  I decided to tackle my pile of vintage linens and sorted them into piles of  "good - maybe sell" , "good - keep" and "pretty but stained or not very useful" .   There were a few embroidered tray cloths etc that I've been meaning to use for something so together with some bits of napkins, tea towels and various bits of linen they are being turned into a quilt.  I'm loving the pale Scandinavian look.  Not my normal colours but I think they all work well together, and it feels wonderfully soft. 
Just need to decide on the binding now and finish it off.  Not the easiest thing to photograph in a gloomy room!


There was a bit of blue sky this week and the hollyhocks looked very bright and cheerful.


The clouds last night looked lovely, but back to the grey gloom again this morning:(  Summer is supposed to be on it's way soon.  Finger's crossed!


18 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Fingers crossed the sun will visit us soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patchwork is BEAUTIFUL! Hooray for stained linens and fabrics!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! I'm dipping my toes into patchwork and looking at yours has given me some ideas about other things I can cut up!
    Very pretty indeed, the colours are beautiful.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patchwork is lovely, I would love to be able to do something like that one day. I am ahem, attempting to do some crochet on my week off. That is also something I have wanted to do for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The patchwork looks beautiful. I love the "calm" colours of all the old linens. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pale muted colours of the quilt; fingers crossed for good weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clear blue sky here today - will it last?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comparto con usted el gusto por lo escándinavo,las telas los muebles pintados me encánta el resultado de su colcha es sencillamente ideal.Muchos saludos de Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hollyhocks are an amazing colour! And your quilt is beautiful! We had a glimmer of sun yesterday but it has gone back into hiding today :(
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had enough of summer, heat, humidity and rain. But we are going to have this for at least 3 more months so I better not be a sour pus...
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicate, sometimes it does us good to have a change, it's lovely! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty quilt, gentle and calming colours. We have sunshine today, hopefully it will last! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and charming quilt!! Love the soft colors!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heaather

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours of your patchwork project. We are in Devon and there has been a lot of sun today and it's promising more tomorrow!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  15. That quilt really is the most glorious thing, and it's a proper scrap quilt and all the more charming because of it. Kudos :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie, your quilt looks beautifully soft, with dreamy colours. It will be lovely to snooze under. Hope you have some sunny days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful quilt, I love it especially those embroidered patches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of turning old linens into a quilt. Maybe I should start collecting some for this very purpose.

    ReplyDelete