Thursday, 27 September 2012

30's Repro Quilt

I was really keen to get on and quilt my diamonds quilt, but as luck would have it the batting in my stash wasn't quite big enough!   I put in an online order for some of my favourite 100% cotton stuff which turned up today,  but in the meantime I found some Hobbs "Premium" 80/20 cotton/poly at my local Hobbycraft store.   Not being a fan of anything polyester I was a bit dubious but thought it worth a try as it seems to be popular.   I tried it out on the 30's top I made last year and it worked fine.  It's rather "puffier" than plain cotton and feels like it will be warmer, so I think this one will make a lovely sofa throw for snuggling under in the winter :)


Being a bit thicker and a fairly big quilt it was quite a job to do on my machine, but I managed in the end and feel pretty pleased with myself!


The thread was a variegated pink and green quilting one which adds a bit of interest.


Now I need to choose some fabric for the binding,  or maybe I'll get on and quilt my other one first?
Who knows, the other unfinished ones might get done while I'm in the mood!
xxx

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt and I like the two toned thread as well!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colours, I'm sure you will get lots of use out of this one. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish I'd got your skill, it's beautiful! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this quilt. It's just a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful quilt! I'm loving the gorgeous pink/green thread!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an effective quilt, a simple design but your colour placement is fantastic. It is hard work quilting one that size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt with gorgeous colours. I love your two toned thread.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt! I love these 30's style fabrics so much! Thanks for sharing such a beauty and well done for making it.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is absolutely stunning, i love it.
    I have three quilts waiting for batting & quilting.....feel
    inspired to get on with it now
    Have a great weekend
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful quilt! Lovely fabrics!

    madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous quilt! Well done, it's really beautiful. Loving the pinky/green thread too, I must add that to my wanties list :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Qué bonita! es ideal, me encántan sus trabajos de patchwork. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is gorgeous! Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Debbie and almost ready for snuggling with! Lovely multi-coloured cotton to quilt with and beautiful '30s fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's completely lovely! I have never tried quilting but I can feel one growing on me the more I see the beautiful things other people make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so lovely, the colors are perfect. I want to wrap it around myself right now.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It's gorgeous!! I am so in awe of you quilters. I've only ever managed a couple of cot affairs, something this size is a fabulous achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with your beautiful quilt Debbie! I just love 30's fabrics, so sweet and playful. Yes the poly mix wadding is puffier, I've just finished off a mini quilt with the same stuff because I also ran out of the 100% cotton. Looks great!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really lovely quilt, this has inspired me to have a go at a more complicated quilt - rather than the simple squares I have done in the past. The pink and green thread looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Obrigada pelas dicas! Seus trabalhos são lindos, adorei! Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete