Friday, 7 September 2012

September Sunshine

  Loving this beautiful late summer sunshine.  The garden seems to glow more intensely and the bees and butterflies seem to be on a mission to get everything done before autumn.  The patch of cosmos in the veg plot is bee heaven at the moment.



The sweet peas are keeping me busy every day.  I haven't tied them in much and they've got a bit out of hand, but I wouldn't be without them.


There seems to be cobwebs everywhere, and loads more flies than normal, though I haven't noticed any wasps this year oddly.


My linen quilt is still sat on my table waiting to be finished.  Hand sewing the binding on the back is taking forever as I can't do more than 10 minutes without getting bored and wandering off to do something else! 
 I've moved some of the shelves round and squeezed in an extra table to give me a bit more work space. (The sewing machine is just out of the picture on the left).  This gave me a big space above the desk for a design wall which I made with a piece of thin board covered with fleece.  It's resting on the desk and held on the wall with a couple of sticky velcro pads, so dead easy to do! I love the way fabric, even small quilts stick on there like "fuzzy felt".


The fabric piles also had a good tidy.  There's something very satisfying about organizing fabric, or is that just me?


While doing that, I pulled out some that I think look rather good together for my next quilt.  All quite pale and vintage-y looking.  I haven't decided on a design yet, but can't wait to get started.
But first, off to finish the other one!


Hope you have a good weekend
xxx

23 comments:

  1. I love those pollen covered bee shots in your cosmos and the dew-covered spider's web is gorgeous!
    What a wonderful idea to organize your bedroom in such a clever way with all that shelving and and table space. My bedroom is quite overrun with yarn boxes and ongoing projects. I need to reorganize it all during the cooler months!
    You have an amazing stash of material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué bonito es tu dormitorio, todo está perfecto, me gusta. También me encántan las telas de tonos suaves,son maravillosas.Espero que el sol brille mucho allí.Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics you chose for your next quilt looks amazing! Super vintage-y and chabby chiq :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are amazing,I only said to my husband yesterday how I havent seen any wasps this year,I'm glad mind,as I have a phobia after stepping in a wasps nest whist picking Lilacs for My nan out her garden when I was very small.Your crafty space looks lovely ,I love your fuzzy felt board and your quilts on the wall are gorgeous.Weekend blessings,Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric is very tidy! I really need to tidy mine up .. again. Every time I make something I seem to make a mess of the piles! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours of your cosmos is so lovely and your garden still has so much colour! My sweet peas haven't done so well this year. What a wonderful area to work in, it looks so tidy and such a good idea with your inspiration board.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a very relaxing craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at other people's fabric stashes. Mind you it always makes me wish I had more of my own. I'll admit - your stash has just inspired me to order some fabric online, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos Debbie! Loving your fabric stash too
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cosmos are beautiful. Do you know what variety they are? I really need to find some seeds for them. And I love your tidy craft room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes they are "Candy Stripe". It was a free packet on a magazine but Mr Fothergill's and others sell them :)

      Delete
  11. Super looking Dahlias and photos of course

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely space you work in. Love the fabric squares, such great colors and patterns.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just loving this early Autumn weather - 26degrees here today :-) and the spiders are out in full force already...usually I only notice them in October. Love your neat & tidy fabric stash - you are right, organising is therapeutic! Have a good weekend & enjoy the sunshine. There will be plenty time for binding sewing when Winter arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lot of beautiful material and lovely crafty things! Me and my four year old were being plagued by a wasp on our picnic today, but apart from that, you're right, there don't seem to be as many around this year. Loads of spiders though! Shivers! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos and you are so incredibly organized! I especially love that pink bloom! :)

    Jennifer @ Fiber Flux

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous photos! Love your pretty fabrics!! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flowers in your garden look beautiful! Like you I love Dahlia's and Cosmea too.

    I enjoyed taking a peek into your workroom. It looks so very tidy :-)!!!

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love playing with my fabric stash too, although I must say yours is an enviable one!! What a great space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always on your posts, amazing photos of the flowers! That Cosmos is gorgeous and am very envious of your obelisks with sweet peas, mine just never got going this year and its the flower I miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  20. your bicolor cosmos looks interesting to me, let alone the bees! in my country - Romania, in Europe - i've never seen such a variety and we don't seem to have the sweat peas you have, or maybe it's just me that don't know about it. great flowers, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a wonder that little bee could fly weighed down with all that pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love all those vintage colours - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete