Saturday, 27 October 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Hello,  What's this? two posts in one day!  Well, I was just catching up with Jo's blog and noticed that the Blogger's Quilt Festival is open again over Here on Amy's blog and popped over for a look.  If you want to be inspired by loads of beautiful quilts this is the place to visit.

I decided on the spur of the moment to add my Faded Diamonds one as I'm really pleased at how it turned out.  I think the simple pattern, muted fabrics and unfussy quilting give it the vintage look I was after.  Apologies to those who have already seen it a couple of weeks ago.  For anyone that hasn't, there are more pictures Here



Measurements:  53" x 53"
Machine quilted by me!
Best category:  Throw quilt, or Bed quilt.


17 comments:

  1. It is very soothing and sweet to look at.. perfect quilt to cuddle with on rainy afternoons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it has a very vintage look. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt really is gorgeous, you can show it to us as many times as you like. I for one will never tire of it! Truly lovely... :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. And it definitely has that vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! I love how calming it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely, is it a particular fabric range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, just a mixture of bits from my stash!

      Delete
  7. An absoloutely stunning and gorgeous quilt. I just LOVE, LOVE the soft muted colours. Thanks for sharing your quilt with us.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muted colors are so soothing. It's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet quilt! I love the vintage effect you've created.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous quilt with a lovely selection of fabrics - a wonderful cuddle quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Note to self: MUST LEARN TO QUILT!!!
    You are amazing and such a marvelous inspiration :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft colors in this quilt! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete