Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Busy Crafting!

Hello,  sorry for my absence from blog land recently.  I've been slaving over a hot sewing machine and kept forgetting to stop and take some photos.  Here's a quick look at what I've been up to for the last week or two.

These cute little lavender bags were made from my stash of vintage felted wool.  I'll probably tie them into bundles with some ribbon or lace. 



Handy tote bags made from some of the pile of Laura Ashley fabric I've had for ages. (There's 2 or 3 in each pattern).  They still need the corners squared off but I needed a break from sewing for a while!



Next on the list is making some candles in the Bonne Maman jars that are too nice to throw away.  If that works OK I might try some in the dinky little vintage flower pots I've rounded up from the garden.  Just waiting for the wax and stuff to arrive.



Another reason for not visiting your blogs as much is our faulty phone line.  It hasn't been working for weeks and using the internet is often like watching paint dry!  Hubby had endless discussions with Sky and BT, going round in circles and they reckon that as they have to get permission to put traffic lights in our lane and dig up the road, it can't be done 'till December!  Sky even said that he couldn't complain as they don't have a complaints department. 
 You have to laugh or you'd cry!!

xxx

27 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy!Looking forward to seeing how the candles work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have ben a busy busy lady, i do love the lavender pushes and the bags they are both so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy bee! Everything looks great. :o)

    As for your phone line - try telling them that you'll expect a refund since you're not getting the service you're paying for. And to say you can't complain because there's no complaints department is ridiculous. *eyeroll*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll get the line rental refund but they want us to keep a record of the extra cost of mobile calls. As if anyone's got the time to do that!

      Delete
  4. Oh my heavens you have been busy! I love all the pretty pastel wool lavender bags, so so sweet!!
    The bags are very pretty too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the candle jars.
    Hope you get the phone line sorted - that sounds a nightmare.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely - the pastel shades are so pretty!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your makes Debbie! Ooh I LoVe bonne maman jars, never thought of turning them into candles! Can't wait to see yours.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You you have been busy! Hope the fault gets sorted soon! What did we do before the Internet! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely projects you've made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the felt lavender bags and your tote bags too. I will look forward to seeing what you do with the jars too.
    How annoying having such problems with your phone line and what a wait! Hope it is resolved soon.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful makes with gorgeous colours.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours of your little lavender sachets, they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have been busy, love all that you have made.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - so lovely and SO PRODUCTIVE......I wonder if I got off the Internet, would I do more? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. terracotta pots they are the business for sure

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful are your sweet creations!! LOve those jars! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely - you are such a prolific crafter - I presume you make all these things to sell. I have loads of lavender ready to make bags but haven't got round to it yet - your post has inspired me to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll sell some at the craft fair and what's left might end up in my etsy shop or as presents! I do love making lavender bags, it's like aromatherapy :)

      Delete
  18. Oh beautiful bags.... creative and authentic!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Qué bonito todo los bolsos son preciosos y las fotos geniales. Saludos desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've certainly been busy making some lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great !
    Greetings from Poland
    Katarzyna

    www.sajuki.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, I just found your blog and like it a lot.
    Edda Soffia

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've been so busy with lots of different crafty goodies. Love those little felted lavender bags ... they make a great new blog header too!!

    ReplyDelete