Monday, 26 November 2012

Quilt Exhibition

Hello, I hope you're enjoying a bit of sun today after all this gloom.  I'm so thankful we live at the top of a hill, and with no chance of flooding, unlike the many round the country whose homes and lives have been ruined again by the deluge.  It doesn't seem possible that we had a hosepipe ban earlier this year does it!

Anyway,  I dodged the showers at the weekend to visit the local quilt exhibition and thought I'd show you some of my favourites.  This show is put on every couple of years by The North Hampshire Quilters and as it's not far, I always try to visit.  

I loved the 30's pastel colours of these two.



These two were both made with shirt fabric and "tied" with shirt buttons.  Nice idea!



A couple of small ones using a wide mix of fabrics.



Some very impressive large quilts.



And this one which had been beautifully quilted on a long arm machine.  I love the way the pattern is contained in each block, rather than randomly all over the quilt.



I also gave into temptation and bought a few bits of fabric at one of the stalls, but gave it to hubby when I got home to wrap up for my Christmas present!  Oh dear, I think I'm turning into my Nan, haha :)

Have a good week
xxx

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, it must have been a lovely show,
    hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovely to go to a quilt exhibition. My favourite is the very first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, there are so many talented folks out there!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of the peeps that make these beautiful quilts... Good to hear you are not affected by the floods,we're at the top of a hill too, but I'm keeping a close eye on our neighbour's balancing pond! It's getting colder here too, wonder if we'll get snow before Christmas this year.
    Happy Monday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts with a stunning mix of glorious colours.
    It's rained all day here in the North East and it's so dark, the
    light has been on for most of the day.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so much beautiful creativity, really love the first one, soft pretty colors, so lovely.
    Weather's pretty miserable over here too, far too much rain & getting colder every day, thank God for central heating :)
    Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, what beauties! I wonder how many hours and hours of woek they collectively represent?

    Hope you're keeping your feet dry down there in sodden North Hants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, work, not woek ... the littlest whippet is on my lap and is very difficult to type around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qué bonitos!me gustan especialmente los dos primeros.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those quilts look fantastic and such inspiration.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. One cannot possibly attend a quilt show without a little fabric purchase!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous quilts and talent!! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shirt quilts, I've been saving my husbands shirts for a while now to make a picnic blanket from them! The button idea for tying them together is fun.
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely quilts by such talented makers! I love the colours of the 30's ones. I have made a little quilt from my hb's old shirts, on a nautical theme as he loves sailing and has lots of pale blue and white shirts :)
    I'm so glad you had a little fabric purchase while there too.... an essential part of a quilt show I always think!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the one with the buttons, so worm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Turning into ones Nan is a most excellent plan I always think!

    Eleano xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oi! belissímos seus trabalhos, parabéns.
    Giselda Lyra

    ReplyDelete