Friday, 28 December 2012

Season's Greetings

Hello,  Just popping in to say I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and aren't feeling too full of festive food!

I didn't mean to be away from my blog for so long, but put my back out just after my last post and spent about 10 days unable to do much other than mope about feeling sorry for myself and trying everything to  get rid of the pain.   When it's happened before it usually lasts a couple of days so I was pretty fed up until Christmas Eve when it finally felt ok again.  Oh! the relief :)

Anyway, I managed to wrap the presents, but didn't get round to taking any photos.  I made some bottles of  Orange Liqueur which turned out really yummy.  Also some candles in mugs, sugar body scrub and some bags of  the Amaretti fridge cake that I made last year.  It was fun making more gifts this year and avoiding the town centre.

We've had a nice lazy time, watching TV, eating too much and I've been working my way through the books I received and thinking what to do with the lovely fabric.  Isn't it pretty?


Kaffe Fassett's books are always on my wish list.  Such a lot of beautiful eye candy at a very drab time of year.  This one was inspired by The Swedish village of Skansen which looks like a wonderful place to visit.





Jamie Oliver's very inspiring too.  I just love his simple but tasty style of cooking.  There's loads of things I'm looking forward to trying in this book.  I made a start by going through all the herbs and spices in the cupboard and re-stocking the basics.  Of course that led to cleaning the shelves and re-arranging everything, but it's great to have clear out every now and then!

Best wishes for the New Year and lets hope all this rain makes way for a bit of sunshine soon!
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric and books. thanks for sharing.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, welcome back and good to hear you're feeling better! Those fabrics are beautiful and that book looks fab. I've been to Skansen - it's lovely :-), Stockholm is absolutely beautiful - put it on your list.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go one day, it looks so pretty! xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been suffering - what a nuisance for you just before Christmas, but it sounds like you still managed to make lots of lovely things in spite of it.
    Gorgeous fabrics, and the Kaffe book looks inspirational- lovely photos.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year Debbie!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful book, and lovely fabric too. Glad your back started to behave and it didn't spoil your Christmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely fabrics and crafty book Debbie! I hope you had a lovely Christmas :) Happy new year!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have been unwell, there is nothing worse just before Christmas too. Your gifts look wonderful I have always admired Kaffe Fassett creations that book looks delightful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felices Fiestas a usted también, qué maravilla de telas y me gusta el libro de mantas de patchwork sueco,que lo disfrute. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks as if you had a lovely Christmas in spite of your back, and thank goodness you are feeling better. Same thing happened to me, four trips to the physio (last one Christmas eve!) and she got me pain free for Christmas. Love your Kaffe Fassett book, such beautiful pictures.
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got sorted out, it's so horrible isn't it. I find hot water bottles help most. Kneeling on the floor and stretching forward with your arms seems to work sometimes, though it doesn't help if the dog thinks you're playing and wants to jump all over you!

      Delete
  9. Oh poor you. Thank goodness you got right just in time for Christmas, but you must have been in so much pain, not to mention all the stress of not being able to do much in the lead up to Christmas. Saying that, you made some lovely things, everyone must have been very happy with their gifts. I always have plenty of books on my Christmas wish list, it's nice to sit down and have a read in the time between Christmas and New year. Wishing you a healthy and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I went to Skansen once. It was completely brilliant and I'd love to go again. I went before I was really into crafty things but loved the hand made solid feel of the place. The book looks amazing - very inspiring!

    Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came across your blog - it was very serendipitous! What a joy to read and view. Hope you get to enjoy a pain-free New Year. Thank you for details of the Amaretti Fridge Cake - sounds delicious and I'm determined to make some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it is hard to prepare for Christmas when we are in pain. It sounds like you did a great job of making things happy in spite of it. I adore that pretty fabric, and your books are crammed with inspiration. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your back sorted itself out in time - there's nothing worse, except perhaps toothache. Lovin' your Christmas books, they should keep you quiet for a while. Best wishes to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete