Thursday, 6 June 2013

Free Seeds

Elaine did an interesting guest post about gardening on a budget yesterday and I mentioned in the comments about getting loads of free seeds with the Kitchen Garden magazine.  Looking at my copy again I notice it only mentions the two packets of free veg seeds on the cover, so I'm not sure if it was a  supermarket freebie.  (I picked my copy up in Sainsbury's).  Anyway if you're shopping today it might be worth keeping an eye open for if you fancy growing some herbs.  The July edition is out tomorrow so it might be too late, but there always seems to be something being given away!


xxx

9 comments:

  1. Must admit to not being a fan of free magazine seeds, They either come when we have bought all ours, or are the same varieties as we have already bought. They also often give more freebies to people who don't subscribe by post which is maybe why you have more in your magazine than advertised - it's to try and hook you in. As for the plant freebies inside - they make a free offer and then bang on postage which make the freebies less free, We are cancelling our magazine subs and the money we save which is considerable over the year will go towards buying what we want. Sorry rant over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know what you mean. I used to get this mag years ago, but they get a bit samey after a while. I just pick up the odd one now and again. I'll hang on to these seeds for our next place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got a good deal on those seeds, I tend to get cuttings from friends and family and gifts of plants rather than buying many seeds
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got mine but it came with the courgette and cucumber seeds and gardening gloves! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for letting us know Debbie!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I planted seeds in my tubs instead of buying bedding plants this year, the marigolds and nasturtiums were so cheap from the local supermarket and have all germinated I can't wait until the flowers bloom. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot of free seeds there!! I will look for this magazine too, thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first time here and I love it, beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I checked it out Debbie and there were only two packets with the magazine in my Sainsbury's - seems like you struck it lucky!

    ReplyDelete