Friday, 14 June 2013

Hackwood Art Festival

Another day, another outing.  This time to the Hackwood Art Festival, not far from Basingstoke.
It's a bi-annual event and a chance to see some high quality art in the wonderful 18th century barns at Hackwood Grange.  I do have a "thing" about old barns, they are pretty awe-inspiring spaces, and these ones have been renovated beautifully. 

I noted some of the artists who's work appealed to me most, but there is a list on the website.


Slate and glass sculptures by James Parker



Leaf Globe by Cara Wassenberg


Not sure who these are by but think they're fun!






Ceramics by Paul Jackson


I loved these paintings by Penny Fleet.  You can't see in the photo, but she builds up layers of paint and paper so they have a lovely texture


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you all have a good weekend.
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow so many beautiful pieces to see.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your two recent outings, and living it through your stunning pics!! Winchester Cathedral is breathtakingly beautiful, and the art festival at Hackwood looked fab. The sun came out to play too which is a bonus :) Happy weekend to you Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barn is as beautiful as the art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have a thing about outdoor sculpture and would love to put some in my own garden. One day when the threat from footballs is past! For now I just admire it. Thanks for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic environment to display artwork, bet you loved every minute! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This exhibition looks incredible! The setting really complements the artwork, doesn't it? Amazing. I love the sculpture, what a great mix of styles. Whatever next? You are having a lot of fun outings! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous festival to attend - love all the garden art. I think I could very easily have spent a lot of money there - if I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The barn is a wonderful background for the exibition, wonderful! We have seen Arts in a Sculptures garden in Wales, it was dazzeling!

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a GORGEOUS barn and a lovely place to show pictures. I used to do a lot of exhibiting myself in my other life as an artist - a nail-biting time hoping to see a red-dot on the picture when it is sold - and such a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great festival in a very impressive setting. Some of the sculptures are fabulous. Do you buy?
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not. There were many things I loved but all a bit beyond my budget at the moment. Still interesting to look though!

      Delete
  11. Preciosas fotos! gracias por compartirlas y me encánta tu post anterior.
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! The old barns are delightful and the perfect setting for a variety of art work. What a treat to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete