Monday, 9 June 2014

This and That.

Blogging seems to have slipped down the list just lately, but here's a bit of what I've been up to in the last couple of weeks.

Another quilt top finished.  I wanted to to something quite simple and settled on this layout of half square triangles.  Most were made eight at a time using pairs of 11" squares like This.  Nice and easy and endless ways to arrange them!


I took the chance to photograph the finished churn dash quilt top as well.  Maybe one day they'll all get quilted, but I'm not promising anything! 


Some of the showier pelargoniums have moved outside for the summer.  I don't remember ordering the red one, but rather like it as a change from the usual pinks and whites.


Everything's shuffled round in the greenhouse, with the streptocarpus having their own shaded area which they seem like.  


The one on the right, "Ruth" is one of a few new ones ordered after I saw Dibleys nursery on the Chelsea flower show TV coverage.  They describe it as "coral", but I think it's the prettiest shade of crushed strawberry.  I hope it thrives as it looks like it'll be a favourite.


I also ordered a begonia rex "Pink Champagne" which looks quite at home.  I think they're one of those "marmite" plants you either love or hate, but I really like this one.




Elsewhere in the garden the clematis and roses are looking gorgeous.


And I was struck by the amazing wispy cloud patterns yesterday.  Just like a painting!




Enjoy your week.
xxx

25 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. Gorgeous makes and beautiful flowers. It's funny, we had very wispy clouds at the weekend too and they were just beautiful.

    Have a lovely week

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie
    Your quilt tops are absolutely stunning - I love how they seem to reflect all the colours in your garden.
    Such a feast of beautiful photo's too.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cloud formations may I request a picture of Lottie my favourite dog (bitch) more often Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She never seems to do much apart from sleep! but I'll have a go :)

      Delete
  4. Such wonderful photo's, you're garden looks lovely so many pretty flowers
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my Locely you've made me feel a whole lot better.....I've got two quilt top now, just waiting to be quilted! Beautiful flowers and very romantic clouds! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your green house always makes me very envious! And those clouds are awesome! E xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful clouds and you have so many flowering plants in your greenhouse and.....time left to make such beautiful quilts, that makes me almost jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt tops are so beautiful as are you amazing plants!
    Such pretty clouds. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems you have been busy with both sewing and in the garden. Lovely quilts and flowers. Is the rose a David Austen? I had one in my last garden called The Pilgrim, that looked siminlar.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a David Austin one. I'm afraid I can't remember which, but The Pilgrim rings a bell.

      Delete
  10. You have wonderful plants in your garden, one of them I don't know. And wonderful clouds, I wish I were in Britain.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I noticed those clouds too, they were so wispy and pretty. I do need a green house but a mini one or a cold frame might work so that I can over winter some of the streptocarpus. The quilts are really pretty, I've been stitching triangles too so after writing this I'm going to check your link as I have some Athill Cabbage and Rose fabric that might look lovely in triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are looking really well. We have quite a few of the red pelargoniums and they are very striking. Our roses are just starting to produce buds though won't be flowering for a while yet. The dog roses in the hedge have started to flower; there's one lovely pink flower! I wish I could just run up quilt tops like yours - it always takes me ages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely spot to photograph your quilts. They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love those quilts - you definitely have a way with colours and pattern. Your greenhouse puts mine to shame too! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your quilts I'm planning on making the boys one each. Simple ones of course for my first attempt then I will make one for me! I always like seeing your pelargoniums they are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a few ancient streptocarpus that we bought years ago on a visit to Dibleys when I was surprised how small the place was, Maybe it has grown by bow, Ruth is a unusual colour for a streptocarpus.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous pictures. I particularly love the colours you've used in your first quilt.

    I'm tempted to add that Streptocarpus sounds like an illness but I'll not for fear of sounding like a gardening heathen! ;-)

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty post! The quilts are amazing and very inspiring...and the flowers are absolutely charming! I love all of them, the begonia especially! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flowers are beautiful especially Ruth! The clouds look amazing too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness the quilts look amazing. Love all your flowers.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhhh¡¡¡, todo precioso te felicito, besos Avelina

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could look at your greenhouse shots all day ... all those terracotta pots and pretty flowers are just sooo lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed this post and loved all your pretty makes. Your garden is looking lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete