Monday, 13 July 2015

Hello Again!

Crikey!  
Has it been nearly a year since my last post?
I have really missed blogging, but for a long time life just got in the way and there wasn't anything terribly interesting to blog about.  I won't dwell on the months of dealing with planners, agents and builders, but just say that we are waiting for a new house to be built on the rear part of our garden, having sold the plot to a local builder.  This has meant knocking down the garage, moving a large shed and getting rid of my greenhouse to create a new driveway which at least made us have a good clear out!  It was a big decision, but having been approached by developers many times we knew it would happen sooner or later. At least we've had a say in the design and are happy it will work in the space.

We decided to stay put until the new house is built which has meant adjusting to a smaller garden, but it's still plenty big enough for Lottie to run around in so she's happy.
The area where the garage was has been graveled and makes a lovely sheltered patio for my potted plants.  




I planted up a new border with some pretty flowers for cutting and made a new mini veg and herb bed near the back door.  Even though it was done pretty late in the season and planted up with odds and ends from the garden centre it's not doing too badly.  It's only 15 x 5 feet but I've squashed in 4 courgette plants, broad beans, runner beans, sweetcorn and some peas amongst the herbs and nasturtiums.  



I've been out and about a bit more this year so plan to do a few catch up posts in the coming days, probably starting with my recent visit to Mottisfont, if I can whittle the photos down from the dozens taken.  
After that I might become one of the many who've turned to Instagram.  I'm still finding my way round but I'd love to hear your comments and tips for taking good pics with a phone.
 My new Galaxy phone is brilliant for wider angle shots, but I'm working on the close up stuff!
Anyway, it's good to be back.  See you soon.
Debbie.

27 comments:

  1. HELLLLLLLO! I'm so glad you're back! I think I've seen you on IG too??? Wasn't sure if it was you though. Well exciting times ahead, can't wait to see have it all works out for you. (Missed you) :)))xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was me making a start trying to find you all :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you back and looking forward to seeing your pics on IG, beware it is very addictive!!
    You would never guess there had been any upheaval in your garden, it is looking lovely!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've discovered that already, rather like pinterest, but better as it's all new every day!

      Delete
  3. Great you're back!!!:) You've created a ovely potted patio:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I meant a LOVELY patio;)))

      Delete
  4. Hey welcome back. The newly remodeled garden is looking pretty good. Who are you on instagram? I am stitchesandseeds if you want to say hi. Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Beautiful photo's of your garden. Good luck on the building of your house. It sounds very exciting!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Debbie, great to see a new post from you. I missed you!
    Your new potted plants area looks fantastic. How do your keep your pelargoniums looking so good? Mine always get yellow leaves and I can't spot any on yours, not even one.
    I also love your new veggie garden. The blue obelisks are very pretty.
    Hope you continue to blog and don't resort to Instagram only. Even though it is nice, it is just not the same.
    Good luck with the "house stuff", hope it works out well for you.
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a couple of pelargoniums with lime green leaves and they really don't like the bright sun. There's not much I can do except move them under the sun shade now and then and pick off the scorched leaves. I'll take cuttings later and start some new plants for next year.

      Delete
  7. Lovely to see you back blogging x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really missed blogging too. Good to see you back as well. Lots of blogs to catch up with and some new ones too

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie,
    It was lovely to see a post from you and catch on some of your news. I have you linked into my pinterest so have seen additional images you have collected. You do sound busy with all the changes! Do you still think you may move south eventually? I still had some of your poppy seeds when we moved. I sowed them and although they didn't look quite the same as yours we have enjoyed the flowers and so have the bees. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully we'll move closer to the coast. It just might take a bit longer than planned!

      Delete
  11. Welcome back. I've missed your lovely colourful photography. I haven't managed to get over to Mottisfont this year for the roses so I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. Have you seen the Winter Garden there? I'm definitely going to go this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make it to the winter garden this time, but it looks worth a visit later in the year.

      Delete
  12. Hi Debbie, welcome back! Your garden looks beautiful, and very intersting. The flowering Poppies in my garden and the lavender pillow allways rember me Debbie.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Debbie how lovely to see you again! Your newly made garden is looking beautiful already.....I love how you make your gardens look! I still have some of your poppies flowering here too :)
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to see you back Debbie! I have missed your garden shots and lovely colour sense in your patchwork and crochet. It's made my day to see your post. I will pop over to Instagram to find you too. Exciting stuff going on for you - good luck with it all, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wondered what you were up to just the other day, lovely to see you back. Can't wait to see more pics of your garden and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back the pots are looking very pretty and the veg, as for instagram I toying with the idea of giving it a go too
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The garden looks great in its new design mode and must surely be more manageable now! Hope the builder builds something nice enough that you can live with, it seems a shame to consider moving when its been your home and has your 'stamp' on it. Welcome back : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple and beautiful.Love your pelargoniums!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back. Those are big changes and it must have been a wrench saying goodbye to the greenhouse. Your new veg/herb bed looks fantastic, you're right about the courgettes and beans :-)

    Hope you are all well, any chance we can have a pic of Lottie in a future post?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back. I just noticed and it made me happy :-) . Love your garden pictures

    ReplyDelete